The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) wants to always provide its members with relevant information regarding the current state of the industry, including a reflection of the growth that has taken place and the value of that as we look toward the future. The past year has been marked with many accomplishments within this organization – accomplishments each individual member of this organization should be proud to have played a part in producing.
In 2019 KCHBA:
- Saved members $10,000 per housing start through our national, state and local advocacy efforts.
- Recorded over 3,800 single-family permits through October and more than 2,400 multi-family permits from 58 localities.
- Supported 29 housing-friendly candidates.
- Participated in over 170 meetings and events with candidates, elected officials at all levels of government, municipal staff, and community leaders.
- Produced the 2nd largest Parade of Homes in the country.
- Implemented Parade of Homes tours for students as a part of our Workforce Development initiative.
- Hosted 29 networking and education events, which were enjoyed by more than 2,500 participants.
- Built the first ever smart home inside Bartle Hall at the 72nd annual Home & Lifestyle show.
- Raised nearly $13,000 for scholarships, community revitalization and other projects at the first-ever Home Builders Foundation Fund of Greater Kansas City Topgolf Tournament.
- Donated $34,000 to local charitable organizations through the Foundation.
- Remodeled the HBA building, which has afforded us one of the finest association headquarters in the country.
Suffice it to say, because of your efforts, 2019 was a year of significant achievement for the housing industry. As we look to the new year, 2020 also brings in a new decade with new opportunities. With that, I wanted to make you aware of KCHBA’s Membership Committee goals for 2020 including:
- Retain current builder members.
- Ensure new members are properly integrated into the KCHBA with an on-boarding process.
- Host “HBA 101” seminars, taught by KCHBA EVP Will Ruder, to help potential and new members become familiar with the organization.
- Add enough new builder members to meet the NAHB requirement of 250 for an additional director at the national level, which affords the KCHBA a louder voice and another vote on issues nationally.
- Share the value of the KCHBA internally and externally.
If you know of a builder, developer or subcontractor who is not currently a member of this organization but you believe should be, please contact a member of the Membership Committee so we can create a plan for engaging that builder in a meaningful conversation about how the KCHBA can benefit them.
Thank you for your support of the association in 2019 and thank you in advance for your assistance with reaching our goals in 2020.
Bill Arnold and Gary Kerns, KCHBA Membership Committee Co-Chairs
Additional Membership Committee Members:
Jack Baker, Bovard Insurance
Mike Bryant, Mike Bryant Heating & Cooling
Ryan Christopher, Anything on Anything
Bruce Coffin, Fidelity Bank
Jim Dwyer, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
Mike Guthrie, Raynor Garage Door Co.
Misty Hanson, Stewart Title
Curtis Harris, Gordon Energy
Kathie Rogers, Roth Living
[Read More …]
Source: Homes and Lifestyle